Thursday, March 09, 2017

Vacation time!

Off to a much needed short week away!

As the plane took off, I gazed out at the lovely tufts of fluff amidst those gorgeous blue, and breathed a sigh of relief. This is really happening. A trip that at one point was under a potential threat of being cancelled. Thank goodness it all worked out and I was still able to proceed without having to resort to any fights (verbal ones of course, I'm a lady, okay).

Looking forward to reacquainting myself with this city that I had last and first visited over a decade ago. Then, it was actually the height of summer, and as much as the city charmed, the heat and humidity which I was too familiar with put quite a dent in the experience. This time around, the weather promises to be much chillier, hovering between the high 10s and low 20s on average. Whee!! Can't wait, and even the forecast of rain doesn't dampen (LOL) my enthusiasm. I've packed my nifty cool weather gear, and my trusty umbrella. In the worst case scenarios, am sure we can duck into malls or cafes to while our time away watching the rain. No bother at all, we are on vacation, but not in a rush, and are happy to just see and visit what we can, in our time.

So hello Taipei, it's nice to see you again. It wasn't love at first sight, but I have good feeling that second impressions will be better. Let's see. :)

No comments: